African Pearl (the Company) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting all personal information that you provide. This Privacy Statement is created to inform you of the Company's privacy policies and practices and to explain how your information is collected and used.
Information Collection and Use
This Privacy Statement covers collection of personal information and non-personal information. Personal information is any information associated with your name or personal identity. Non-personal information is data about usage patterns, reported in aggregate, which is not associated with a specific personal identity. African Pearl uses personal information to better understand customer needs and interests and to provide better service. Personal information will only be used to support customer relationships with the company.
In general, you can visit the African Pearl website without providing any personal information. If you order products or services or request information on the site, however, you will be asked to provide personal information, including name, address, phone, email address, and credit card information. Credit card information is used only for payment and order processing and fraud prevention, and is not used for any other purpose.
The African Pearl website includes forms that you complete to request information, products, and services. These forms may collect your financial information, such as your credit card details. Any financial information you submit will only be used for billing, payment, and order processing purposes.
African Pearl makes use of a reputable third party company who provides secure server technology for online purchasing. The secure server technology used encrypts your personal financial information before it is transmitted over the Internet, making it secure. You can only purchase products on the African Pearl website using a browser that supports secure server technology.
Disclosure of User Information
African Pearl will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to third parties. The Company will not share your personal information with business partners or any other third-party company, except as described below:
- Agents: African Pearl employs other companies and people to perform tasks on its behalf and may need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples include providing customer service, processing credit card payments, fulfilling orders, and providing marketing assistance. Unless advised otherwise, these agents do not have any right to use your information African Pearl shares with them beyond what is necessary to assist the Company. You hereby consent to our sharing of your information for the above purposes
- Business Transfers: In some cases, African Pearl may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if African Pearl or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that the Company goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of African Pearl may continue to use your information as set forth in this policy.
- Promotional Offers: African Pearl may send promotional offers to you. However, you will be provided the opportunity to opt not to receive such promotional offers.
- Protection of African Pearl and others: The Company may release your information when it believes in good faith that release is necessary to comply with law; enforce or apply its conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of African Pearl, its employees, its users, or others. This release includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction (as described above) and to comply with export laws.
- With your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Data Integrity and Security
African Pearl strives to maintain the reliability, accuracy, and completeness of personal information in its databases and to protect the privacy and security of its databases. African Pearl servers and databases are protected by reliable security technology.
Your Choices Relating to Your Personal Information
As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose personal information to African Pearl. You may request an update or deletion of your African Pearl account by sending an email to email@example.com. Please note that some information may remain in backups of the Company's records after deletion of your account, although diligent efforts will be employed to remove your information. However, the Company may retain certain of your information if it believes in good faith that retaining such information is necessary to comply with law; enforce or apply its conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of African Pearl, its employees, its users, or others.
Your Consent and Our Revisions to the Privacy Statement
African Pearl occasionally reviews and modifies this Privacy Statement. Therefore, the Company recommends that you review the terms from time to time to ensure that you are aware of how it collects and uses personal information. By using the African Pearl website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information as outlined here.
If you have questions regarding our Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.